History of the Club - Jaguar Rifle Club

Go to content

Main menu:

History of the Club

The rifle club has its roots with the men and women of the reserved occupation who formed part of the Home Guard, like many factories within the city of Coventry, Jaguar Cars had built a 25 yard pratice range on site so as the workers who were part of the Home Guard could train.
When the range changed over from military to civilian it had to be certified for the calibre of weapon that could be used

This was the Safety certificate issued in 1952,
which was still valid until the range had to shut
due to the Brown's Lane plant closing on 31st July 2005
Below is the exemption certificate issued by the NSRA back in 1952


 
Copyright 2016. All rights reserved.
Back to content | Back to main menu